AIClub 2023 Student Research Symposium
AI Research and Innovations by Middle and High Schoolers
AIClub Research Symposium showcases innovative AI research projects done by students grades 6-10. These projects touch a variety of areas and fields; space, healthcare, social good, climate change, the fine arts and much more. Our Keynote Speaker this year is Ashish Bansal, who leads the core ML infrastructure at Google and is the author of Advanced Natural Language Processing with TensorFlow.
June 24th 2023
Live Online via Zoom
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM PDT
Our 2023 Symposium is a celebration of AI innovations by K-12 students.
This year, we are proud to have
Keynote by Ashish Bansal, who leads the core ML infrastructure at Google and is the author of Advanced Natural Language Processing with TensorFlow.
Presentations by Middle and High School students on AI in STEM, social good, new apps, and more.
9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM
10:30 AM - 12:00 NOON
12:00 NOON - 12:30 PM
12:30 PM - 12:45 PM
Dr. Nisha Talagala (CEO AIClub)
Keynote topic by Ashish Bansal to be announced soon!
(1) "Utilization of AI Algorithms to Classify Stellar Objects"
(2) "A Machine Learning/Deep Learning Hybrid for Augmenting Teacher-LED Online Dance Education"
(3) "Transfer Learning and Data Augmentation in Osteosarcoma Cancer Detection"
(4) "DrugGraph: Bypassing Harmful Drug Side Effects via a Hybrid Deep Learning and Knowledge Graph Approach"
(5) "Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms to Forecast CGM Readings in Type 1 Diabetes"
(6) "Corn Plant Disease Detector"
(7) "FindMySpace: A Cost Effective Carbon Reduction Solution for Parking"
Research, APs and Beyond - Getting Ready for College
Dr.Nisha Talagala - CEO AIClub
Main Session Concludes
Artificial Intelligence is all around us. For Middle School and High School students, AI is an opportunity to build critical future skills. Learn how to apply technology to solve real-world problems in varied disciplines from medicine to social good. Develop independent opinions about these technologies and how they affect human lives. This textbook covers the fundamentals of AI at a level of math and coding that matches middle school and high school capabilities.