AI Summer Classes for Asia
Innovative and comprehensive AI summer class for kids of all ages from Grades 6-12.
Our summer program is online with small groups and live teachers from California, USA.
• If you are starting from scratch, no worries! Our intro classes cover all necessary pre-requisites. You only need to know the math level expected at grade 6.
Want to publish novel research? Our mentors will guide you! Many of our students have created unique projects that are competition and publication worthy. Some are working on patent applications as well.
• Progressive curriculum, over 12 courses in all. Build a strong portfolio of AI, tech and research skills prior to college!
• Learn how AI works, from AI experts with real-world experience
• All courses are online with live instruction. Interact with teachers in between classes via AIClub's Slack system
Custom project in each course. Build a new addition to your portfolio with each course or continue with the same project across courses - its your choice
• Over 12 courses in all, plus 1:1 custom tutoring for research projects, competitions and publications.
• Build cool projects to showcase your skills in your college applications!
Artificial Intelligence Made Fun and Easy by Experts
Suitable for Students in Middle School (Grades 6 - 12)
Learn a core skill that is in demand by future jobs from the comfort of your home, completely online! With more than 25% of jobs moving to automation and AI, now is the time for your child to get introduced to the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
In our classes, students with no previous AI experience can learn AI and build custom projects to showcase their new skills!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is how Google search, Alexa, Siri, auto-correct, speech translation, face recognition, self-driving cars, etc. learn from data and humans. Get your student an edge in school, competitions and preparation for college and careers by learning AI!
Why our workshop?
• Designed by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
• Only workshops where students build AIs in their first class! Students love building AIs and learning how they work!
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
Students will learn what Artificial Intelligence is, how AI works and will build a custom project to train their own AI!. There is no math or programming pre-requisite to join this class!
Students will learn to build different types of AI - to detect and predict categories (for example whether a person is Happy/Sad or Child/Adult), to detect and predict values (such as teaching an AI to do Math). They will build AI projects to do each of these and learn the concepts behind them.
Students will also do a custom project of their choice to build an AI system to solve a problem. They will showcase their project to their parents and peers on the last day of the class.
The core AI concepts they will learn are:
• Learn to identify different types of algorithms (classification, regression) appropriate for different types of problems and data (text, numbers, categories and images).
• Train an AI system from raw data and use it to build cool applications.
• How to improve an AI with better data
• How to measure and tune the performance of different AI algorithms to make them better
• How AI compares to rule engines (can I beat an AI by writing rules?), and when to use and not to use AI
• Difference between AI and Robotics.
What students take away
• A good understanding of AI - a fascinating and fundamental technology that is changing our world.
• Several AI projects that they can showcase, covering numbers, text and images
• One year access to an online cloud account where they can continue to build new projects and learn more AI
• Opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions
Projects built by students taking our courses
Duration: 6 sessions / 1.5 hours per session
We use entirely online tools.If a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers