AI Basics (M1) (CHECKOUT TEST)
Suitable for Students in Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
Learn a core skill that is in demand by future jobs from the comfort of your home, completely online! With more than 25% of jobs moving to automation and AI, now is the time for your child to get introduced to the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
In our classes, students with no previous AI experience can learn AI and build custom projects to showcase their new skills!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Help your student discover a fascinating new world of technology - Artificial Intelligence (AI)! AI is changing the way we interact with the world, from virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa, to self-driving cars, to face recognition software.
Why learn AI?
AI is all around us! From self driving cars, to movie recommendations on Netflix, to Alexa, Siri or Google homes, we interact with AIs every day. Learn how they work, how they “think” and how you can build one of your own!
Parents - AI is a technology that is changing our lives and future careers. It is a great time to introduce your child to the field of Artificial Intelligence! In our innovative classes and camps - students learn the powerful technologies of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in a fun and accessible way, and build working projects immediately. Most of our students want to learn more AI, programming and math even after finishing a class! Some have gone forward to win competitions! Spark a love of technology that will stay with them through college, powered by our comprehensive Elementary, Middle School and High School programs where they can continue to learn AI and Programming!
Kids - Would you like to teach an AI to play games like shooting targets or tic-tac-toe? Build fun AI apps that can predict your favorite book, favorite Pokemon, or sport? Are you passionate about solving problems in your community like improving recycling, helping the blind, or helping reduce bullying? All of these projects have been done by students who have learned AI! AI is powerful and easy to learn and can be used for all sorts of projects.
Why choose AIClub?
• Designed by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
• These classes are the only ones where students get to build AIs from the very first class, which is precisely why they are so popular among students who love the opportunity to learn about and create these technologies!
• We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
Students will learn what Artificial Intelligence is, how AI works and will build a custom project to train their own AI! There is no math or programming pre-requisite to join this class!
Students will learn to build different types of AI - to detect and predict categories (for example whether a person is Happy/Sad or Child/Adult), to detect and predict values (such as teaching an AI to do Math). They will build AI projects to do each of these and learn the concepts behind them.
Students will also do a custom project of their choice to build an AI system to solve a problem. They will showcase their project to their parents and peers on the last day of the class.
Topics, Tools, and Modules:
• Learn to identify different types of algorithms (classification, regression) appropriate for different types of problems and data (text, numbers and categories).
• Train an AI system from raw data and use it to build cool applications.
• How to improve an AI with better data
• How AI compares to rule engines (can I beat an AI by writing rules?), and when to use and not to use AI
• Difference between AI and Robotics.
• Use the same industry cloud tools that businesses and experts do, We show you how to use them easily. You can use the same tools as you do more advanced classes.
What students take away
• A good understanding of AI - a fascinating and fundamental technology that is changing our world.
• Several AI projects that they can showcase, covering numbers and text
• One year access to an online cloud account where they can continue to build new projects and learn more AI
• Opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions. For more information on this, visit our Research Program.