iPhone Apps with AI - Summer camp
In this class, students learn how to build iPhone Apps with AI. Students will learn both how to build User Interfaces as well as how to write the back-end code using Swift - the iPhone programming language, and how to connect the two to build AI-powered applications. Students will learn to build apps that work with not just images but also numerical, categorical and text data, and build Artificial Intelligence into their apps that works with all of these types of data.
Learn a core skill that is in demand by future jobs from the comfort of your home, completely online! With more than 25% of jobs moving to automation and AI, now is the time for your child to get introduced to the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
• Student should have access MacBook to be able to build the iOS app
• Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in building artificial intelligence models. Students who have taken any AI classes with us before automatically qualify for this course.
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is how Google search, Alexa, Siri, auto-correct, speech translation, face recognition, self-driving cars, etc. learn from data and humans. Get your student an edge in school, competitions and preparation for college and careers by learning AI!
Why choose AIClub Summer Camps?
• Designed by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
• Only workshops where students build AIs in their first class! Students love building AIs and learning how they work!
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course will introduce new students to Swift and reinforce core programming concepts (input/output, conditionals, loops, data structures etc.) for students with some prior programming experience. The students will combine their newfound Swift knowledge to build a Swift based iPhone application for their project that uses an AI. This app will be powered by an AI that can recognize patterns in images.
The Students will also learn
• How to build an application from scratch in Swift that uses input, generates output and is able to call application programming interfaces (APIs).
• How to use Storyboard for building App UI with AutoLayout as well as using various Apple-provided components for accepting User Input and presenting results back
• How to connect AIs to application code to build intelligent applications.
Students will build a custom iPhone project in Swift and learn how to debug, test and present their final application in a demonstration. They will showcase their project to their parents and peers on the last day of the class.
What Students Take Away
• A good understanding of how to build iPhone Apps - a fascinating and fundamental technology that is changing our world.
• Several iPhone apps that they can showcase.
• One year access to an online cloud account where they can continue to build new projects and learn more AI
• Opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions
The students must have a working Mac computer with up-to-date software
Projects built by students taking our courses
Duration: 5 sessions / 3 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers