AI Advanced Course (M2/H1)
AI Basics shows students what AI is and how to use it. In this class, students learn how AI works internally, how to tune AI and improve its performance, how to select the right AI for different problems, and how to apply AI to games and competitions.
Learn a core skill that is in demand by future jobs from the comfort of your home, completely online! With more than 25% of jobs moving to automation and AI, now is the time for your child to get introduced to the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is how Google search, Alexa, Siri, auto-correct, speech translation, face recognition, self-driving cars, etc. learn from data and humans. Get your student an edge in school, competitions and preparation for college and careers by learning AI!
Why AIClub workshops?
• Designed by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
• Only workshops where students build AIs in their first class! Students love building AIs and learning how they work!
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
Learn the details of different types of Machine Learning algorithms and tune them to optimize their performance for any application. While AI Basics covers how to use different algorithms in Regression and Classification, here we describe how they work internally and how to tune them. We also cover introduce an important new type of algorithm. Neural Networks (Deep Learning), which is used to understand images, sound and video.
Topics, Tools, and Modules:
• Learn the details of ML algorithms, specifically
• Decision Trees
• Linear Regression
• Neural Networks
• Build and tune the hyper-parameters of these ML algorithms to build end-to-end working systems. Learn what hyper-parameters are, now they control the behavior of these algorithms, and how to modify them. Learn core concepts of regularization and feature engineering.
• Learn to understand the type of problem and suitable algorithm in publicly available datasets such as Kaggle.
• Train an AI to learn and compete in a target shooting game. Teach your AI to point correctly at the target. You can use either active game play or mathematics to create your training set.
• Bring your own Laptop to class
• The AI Basics class (M1) or students in Grade 8 and higher. Please contact email@example.com if you are not sure about satisfying this requirement.
• Basic linear algebra and probability background will be useful, but not a strict requirement.
What Students Take Away
• Certificate of Completion from AIClub.
• A cloud account that they can use to build new ML and AI applications using their laptops, tablets or other devices.
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their code, and participate in competitions. Completing the advanced course will equip them with the skills they need to develop and showcase more advanced projects, and compete in advanced competitions.
Projects built by students taking our courses
Duration: 6 weeks / 1.5 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers