Python and AI (PA2): Learn how to build games with Python and AI
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School
This is the second of a four part course series that teaches students Python and complements the AI course series. Students can use what they learned in the AI series to build games in Python, and train an AI to play the game.
Learn one of the most popular programming languages for applications and data science - Python, from the comfort of your home, completely online! Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding in Python and Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why learn Python and Games?
Python is a language in very high demand because of its versatility and penetration into just about every industry. It can be used for building artificial intelligence systems, web development, graphic design, gaming and the list goes on.
Building games is a great way for kids to get excited about coding and learn how to build applications that are engaging for users. Students learn how to write well structured and highly performant programs, how to think logically about playing and winning a game, and how to express their creativity through graphics and design.
Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding and python. All our classes are designed around projects that they build incrementally by using concepts learnt in each consecutive class.
Why join AIClub?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• Proven - hundreds of K-12 students have built custom projects. Some have won STEM and Innovation competitions
• Only workshops where students can build Python powered AIs and publish them online! Students love building AIs and learning how they work
• Fun! Students build many programs and complete a project of their choice.
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course shows students how to use Python to create games. Building upon their learnings in both their AI courses and their first Python course, this class shows students how to make a game in python and train an AI to play it.
The students will learn:
• How to create graphics in python with interactivity.
• Students will lean by creating games such as golf, tanks and blocks, tic tac toe etc.
• How to train an AI to play the game on your behalf.
• How create the datasets for the AI to play the game and iterate to improve it.
They will then get an introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and learn how to add AI to their game to make it intelligent. They then combine their newfound coding and game development skills with AI to create a custom project - a game of their choice that uses AI to learn and improve over time. They will present and demo their game to the class at the end of the course. Parents will also receive a video of their child's presentation and students can also write a blog about their project that will be showcased on the AIClub website.
What students will do:
• Review core programming concepts and be able to write a functioning application in Python.
• Learn Python for data processing, data structures and math libraries. Basics of statistics and how to analyze data.
• How to experiment with public datasets and process public datasets in Python for use in their AI applications.
For their custom project, they will generate or optimize datasets, train an AI and connect it to a Python program to build an application.
What students take away
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their project, and participate in competitions.
• A Navigator account which you can use for future AI projects and competitions.
• Certificate of Completion