Build Games with AI and Python (PA2)
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School
Learn one of the most popular programming languages for applications and data science - Python, from the comfort of your home, completely online! Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding in Python and Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why learn Python and Games?
Python is a language in very high demand because of its versatility and penetration into just about every industry. It can be used for building artificial intelligence systems, web development, graphic design, gaming and the list goes on.
Building games is a great way for kids to get excited about coding and learn how to build applications that are engaging for users. Students learn how to write well structured and highly performant programs, how to think logically about playing and winning a game, and how to express their creativity through graphics and design.
Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding and python. All our classes are designed around projects that they build incrementally by using concepts learnt in each consecutive class.
Why choose AIClub?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• These classes are the only ones where students get to build AIs from the very first class, which is precisely why they are so popular among students who love the opportunity to learn about and create these technologies!
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course shows students how to use Python to create games. Building upon their learnings in both their AI courses and their first Python course, this class shows students how to make a game in python and train an AI to play it.
Topics, Tools, and Modules:
• How to create graphics in python with interactivity.
• Students will learn by creating games such as golf, tanks and blocks, tic tac toe etc.
• How to train an AI to play the game on your behalf.
• How create the datasets for the AI to play the game and iterate to improve it.
They will then get an introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and learn how to add AI to their game to make it intelligent. They then combine their newfound coding and game development skills with AI to create a custom project - a game of their choice that uses AI to learn and improve over time. They will present and demo their game to the class at the end of the course. Parents will also receive a video of their child's presentation and students can also write a blog about their project that will be showcased on the AIClub website. For their custom project, they will generate or optimize datasets, train an AI and connect it to a Python program to build an application.
What students take away
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their project, and participate in competitions.
• A Navigator account which you can use for future AI projects and competitions.
• Opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions. For more information on this, visit our Research Program.
• Certificate of Completion