Python and AI - Build Algorithms
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School (Grades 6-12)
Students learn Python Data Science Packages SciKit Learn and use supporting Python packages such as Pandas for Dataframes and Numpy. Students will build a custom AI project with algorithms entirely in Python.
Learn to build machine learning models using one of the most popular programming languages for applications and data science - Python, from the comfort of you home, completely online! Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding in Python and Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Prerequisites: Some experience with basic python concepts such as input/output, loops and conditionals.
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why learn Python?
Python is a language in very high demand because of its versatility and penetration into just about every industry. It can be used for building artificial intelligence systems, web development, graphic design, gaming and the list goes on.
Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding and python. All our classes are designed around projects that they build incrementally by using concepts learnt in each consecutive class.
Why join AIClub Summer Camp?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• Proven - hundreds of K-12 students have built custom projects. Some have won STEM and Innovation competitions
• Only workshops where students can build Python powered AIs and publish them online! Students love building AIs and learning how they work
• Fun! Students build many programs and complete a project of their choice.
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course shows students how to use Python to analyze and use data. Building upon their learnings in both their AI courses and their first Python course, this class shows students how to use Python to build powerful applications that can combine different types of data ( categories, numbers, etc.).
Topics, Tools, and Modules:
• Review core programming concepts and be able to write a functioning application in Python.
• How data structures work and powerful Python libraries that can be used to process data.
• Basics of statistics and how to analyze and understand datasets using Python.
• How to experiment with public datasets and process public datasets in Python for use in their AI applications.
• How to generate data using Python and different programming constructs that are available in Python to manipulate data (arrays, dictionaries, data frames etc.)
• How to do feature engineering and how it impacts AI performance
The students will build a custom project in Python and learn how to debug, test and present their final application in a demonstration. With the knowledge gained in this class, students can access public datasets like Kaggle, process the data in python, and build powerful applications.
What Students Take Away
• Certificate of Completion from AIClub.
• A cloud account that they can use to build new ML and AI applications using their laptops, tablets or other devices.
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their code, and participate in competitions. Completing the advanced course will equip them with the skills they need to develop and showcase more advanced projects, and compete in advanced competitions.
Duration: 5 sessions / 3 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers
Introducing the AIClub Textbook !
Artificial Intelligence is all around us. For Middle School and High School students, AI is an opportunity to build critical future skills. Learn how to apply technology to solve real-world problems in varied disciplines from medicine to social good. Develop independent opinions about these technologies and how they affect human lives. This textbook covers the fundamentals of AI at a level of math and coding that matches middle school and high school capabilities.
Purchase your own AIClub textbook from the link below!