Python and Artificial Intelligence - Build AI Powered Games!
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School (Grades 6-12)
In this camp - students learn to build games in python using Pygame. They learn Artificial Intelligence and build their own custom project - where an AI plays the game against a human. This is a great camp for kids who have done some Python programming before and want to take their skills to the next level by building creative and powerful games.
Learn one of the most popular programming languages for applications and data science - Python, from the comfort of your home, completely online! Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding in Python and Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Pre-requisites - Some experience with Python.
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why learn Python and Games?
Python is a language in very high demand because of its versatility and penetration into just about every industry. It can be used for building artificial intelligence systems, web development, graphic design, gaming and the list goes on.
Building games is a great way for kids to get excited about coding and learn how to build applications that are engaging for users. Students learn how to write well structured and highly performant programs, how to think logically about playing and winning a game, and how to express their creativity through graphics and design.
Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding and python. All our classes are designed around projects that they build incrementally by using concepts learnt in each consecutive class.
Why join AIClub Summer Camp?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• Proven - hundreds of K-12 students have built custom projects. Some have won STEM and Innovation competitions
• Only workshops where students can build Python powered AIs and publish them online! Students love building AIs and learning how they work
• Fun! Students build many programs and complete a project of their choice.
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
Curriculum - What the Students Learn:
• How to build a smart application from scratch in Python.
• Core programming concepts - flowcharts, input/output, loops, conditionals, data structures. How to use Pygame and event programming. How to build a game with graphics using Pygame.
• To use an IDE (Development Environment) to create, run and debug Python applications.
• How to connect AIs to their python programs to make them artificially intelligent.
• How to combine Python and AI to create an intelligent game that learns and improves every time it is played. How to gather data from the game and use it to train an AI.
• The students will build a custom game in Python and learn how to debug, test and present their final game in a demonstration.
This course will introduce new students to Python and reinforce core programming concepts (input/output, conditionals, loops, data structures etc.). Students will then learn Pygame and build several prototype games in Python and Pygame that utilize graphics and user input. They will then get an introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and learn how to add AI to their game to make it intelligent. They then combine their newfound coding and game development skills with AI to create a custom project - a game of their choice that uses AI to learn and improve over time. They will present and demo their game to the class at the end of the course. Parents will also receive a video of their child's presentation and students can also write a blog about their project that will be showcased on the AIClub website.