Python and Artificial Intelligence:
Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning and Transformers
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School (Grades 6-12)
Learn Deep Learning and Transformers with Python - the state-of-the-art Natural Language Processing techniques available today.
In this advanced class, High School students with no previous AI experience, and Middle School students with some AI experience learn Deep Learning and Transformers with Python - the State of the Art of Natural Language Processing techniques available today. They will also learn Bidirectional Encoder Representations (BERT). Students learn data processing in Python and Natural Language Processing (NLP). They will build their own custom project in language comprehension using state-of-the-art Python and TensorFlow tools.
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why learn TensorFlow and Natural Language Processing
Python is a language in very high demand because of its versatility and penetration into just about every industry. TensorFlow, first invented by Facebook, is a state-of-the-art deep learning platform. Natural Language Processing (NLP) is the Artificial Intelligence field that deals with text, languages, and language understanding. NLP is the foundation for many real world applications including digital assistants, chatbots, language translators and more.
Why join our AIClub Summer Camp?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• Proven - hundreds of K-12 students have built custom projects. Some have won STEM and Innovation competitions
• Only workshops where students can build Python powered AIs and publish them online! Students love building AIs and learning how they work
• Fun! Students build many programs and complete a project of their choice.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course will reinforce core programming concepts (input/output, conditionals, loops, data structures etc.). Students will then learn the basics of Natural Language Processing in Python, including how to prepare text data and invoke BERT transformers in TensorFlow to build AIs that can perform natural language understanding. They then combine their newfound skills create a custom project - a natural language understanding project of their choice.. They will present and demo their project to the class at the end of the course. Parents will also receive a video of their child's presentation and students can also write a blog about their project that will be showcased on the AIClub website.
What the Students Learn:
• Review of core programming concepts - flowcharts, input/output, loops, conditionals, data structures. Introduction to data preparation mechanisms for text data including removal of stop words, tokenization etc. Introduction to Transformers and BERT - State of the art Deep Learning for Text. Introduction to Pytorch and how to use TensorFlow for natural language comprehension with BERT.
• How to combine Python, Text Data Preparation and Deep Learning/Transformers to create an intelligent app that can communicate with users and understand complex text.
• Build a custom Natural Language Processing project and application in Python.
Duration: 5 sessions / 3 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers