Designed and taught by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
Proven results. Harker AIClub students have scored wins in many renowned competitions (see below for details)
Every student builds their own custom AI-powered app
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is how Google search, Alexa, Siri, auto-correct, speech translation, face recognition, self-driving cars, etc. learn from data and humans. Get your student an edge in school, competitions and preparation for college and careers by learning AI!
Students will learn what Artificial Intelligence is, how AI works and will build a custom project to train their own AI!. There is no math or programming pre-requisite to join this class!
Students will learn to build different types of AI - to detect and predict categories (for example whether a person is Happy/Sad or Child/Adult), to detect and predict values (such as teaching an AI to do Math). They will build AI projects to do each of these and learn the concepts behind them.
Students will also do a custom project of their choice to build an AI system to solve a problem. They will showcase their project to their parents and peers on the last day of the class.
The core AI concepts they will learn are:
• Different types of algorithms (classification, regression, NLP) appropriate for different types of problems and data (text, numbers, categories).
• Train an AI system from raw data and use it to build cool applications.
• How to improve an AI with better data
• How to measure and tune the performance of different AI algorithms to make them better
Each student builds a custom project of their choice. They will be trained on how to make a compelling project pitch, and will present their project on the last day of class.
What else students take away
• A solid and practical understanding of AI - a fascinating and fundamental technology that is changing our world. How AI is used in real life and how they can use AI for their own projects.
• Several AI projects that they can showcase, covering numbers, text and categories
• One year access to an online cloud account where they can continue to build new projects and learn more AI
• A membership to AIClub with further opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions
What kind of custom project can a student build? See past projects built by students who have taken this course
AIClub students have won national and international competition such as
Check out the projects by our students that won!
Our mission is to empower kids from elementary, middle, and high school to learn AI and realize their passions through creative applications of their learnings.
We are a group of AI and software experts with PhDs from top-tier schools and many years of real-world experience. We created AIClub to help the next generation of kids improve their AI Literacy and imagine the future with technology.
Our lead teachers have 5 PhDs between them (in Software, AI, Computer Science, Distributed Systems and Math) Our staff has >100 research publications, >200 patents, 4 startups founded, and over 50 years of combined software and AI industry experience
13490+ AI apps
55000+ AI models
550+ custom projects
If you are starting from scratch, no worries! Our intro classes cover all necessary pre-requisites. You only need to know the math level expected at your grade.
- If you already know how to code - you can go directly to our more advanced classes. Please see pre-requisites or contact email@example.com for a custom consultation.
- Do you want to publish novel research? Our mentors will guide you! Many of our students have created unique projects that are competition and publication-worthy. Some are working on patent applications as well.
Progressive curriculum, over 15 courses in all. Build a strong portfolio of AI, tech, and research skills prior to college!
Learn how AI works, from AI experts with real-world experience
All courses are online with live instruction. Interact with teachers in between classes via AIClub's Slack system
- Custom project in each course. Build a new addition to your portfolio with each course or continue with the same project across courses - its your choice
Start with a course that fits with your previous experience - we will help you find the right course! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom consultation.
Over 15 courses in all, plus 1:1 custom tutoring for research projects, competitions and publications.
Build cool projects to showcase your skills in your college applications!
Why AI for kids?
My 11th and 12th grade students at Silicon Valley Career Technical Education enjoyed learning AI from AIClub's High School Programs. It was a valuable experience to help them prepare for future careers. The AIClub's High School curriculum has the depth to engage students as well as an easy to use web interface. It is a Program that any Computer Science or STEAM teacher could use to teach AI.
Mechatronics Engineering Instructor
The AIClub workshop was a great introduction to artificial intelligence. I could see that the students understood the current real world applications of it and were excited about developments in the future.
Program Manager at Mission Bit
Highly recommended! My sixth grader enjoyed the course and she now gained a good understanding and foundation on what is Python programming like and how AI works. The instructor was very caring and respectful to students and answered her questions in details.
Mom of Middle Schooler