Python and AI (PA3): Learn how to Analyze Data with Python
Suitable for students in Middle School and High School
This is the third of a four part course series that teaches students Python and complements the AI course series. Students can use what they learned in the AI series to build smart applications in Python, and use the Python learnings to both build applications and to study and understand data better.
Learn one of the most popular programming languages for applications and data science - Python, from the comfort of your home, completely online! Now is the time for your child to get introduced to the world of coding in Python and Artificial Intelligence (AI)!
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Students enrolling are expected to have a basic background in python (data structures, functions, importing modules etc). Any student who has taken an entry level python course with us (PA1 or Summer Camp) automatically qualifies for this course.
Why join AIClub?
• Designed and taught by PhDs and AI Experts
• Proven - hundreds of K-12 students have built custom projects. Some have won STEM and Innovation competitions
• Only workshops where students can build Python powered AIs and publish them online! Students love building AIs and learning how they work
• Fun! Students build many programs and complete a project of their choice.
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course shows students how to use Python to analyze and use data. Building upon their learnings in both their AI courses and their first Python course, this class shows students how to use Python to build powerful applications that can combine different types of data (images, categories, numbers, etc.).
The students will learn:
• How data structures work and powerful Python libraries that can be used to process data.
• Basics of statistics and how to analyze and understand datasets using Python.
• How to use Python to experiment with datasets. How to generate data using Python and different programming constructs that are available in Python to manipulate data (arrays, dictionaries, dataframes etc.)
• How to process numerical, image, categorical and text data in Python
The students will build a custom project in Python and learn how to debug, test and present their final application in a demonstration. With the knowledge gained in this class, students can access public datasets like Kaggle, process the data in python, and build powerful applications.
What students will do:
• Review core programming concepts and be able to write a functioning application in Python.
• Learn Python for data processing, data structures and math libraries. Basics of statistics and how to analyze data.
• How to experiment with public datasets and process public datasets in Python for use in their AI applications.
For their custom project, they will generate or optimize datasets, train an AI and connect it to a Python program to build an application.
What students take away
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their project, and participate in competitions.
• A Navigator account which you can use for future AI projects and competitions.
• Certificate of Completion
Duration: 8 weeks / 1.5 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers