Why AIClub Research Program?
The only program that enables your student to build unique research projects on a topic they care about.
Topics from science, healthcare, climate, sports, music, and more.
Expert mentors with Ph.Ds in computer science and artificial intelligence.
Proven wins with 75+ national and international awards in the past 2 years alone. Three patents were submitted by students using their AIClub projects!
Leverage your academic interests
Online from anywhere
Work one-on-one with a researcher in the field
Receive personal feedback and advice from an academic expert
Submit to competitions
Present at a conference
Publish a paper
Create an app
Build hardware powered by AI
The pandemic directly affected the way businesses operate, threatening many people's livelihoods. Team MDS created an iPhone app that businesses and individuals can use to measure the CO2 levels around them, to help them in reopening their business.
1. Technovation Girls Grand Prize 2021
2. Project CS Girls National Winner 2021
3. Congressional App Challenge - Gift Certificate and Presentation Opportunity - Jackie Speier District 2021
4. Poster Presentation accepted to the ICML COVID/AI Workshop 2022
Projects to tackle the issue of the prominent threat of climate change are rising. This project uses AI to detect and measure greenhouse gases more effectively.
1. Alameda County Science Fair - 1st Place 2022
2. Special award from USAID
3. CSEF - 4th Place Winner in Senior Division 2022
4. JSHS National Symposium -1st Place Poster Category in Environmental Sciences 2022
5. Paper accepted into AAAI 2022
6. Two papers accepted to the MIT Student Research Conference 2022
7. BioGENEius - Finalist 2022
AI Ballet Instruction
AI in combination with the fine arts can produce unique and interesting innovations. This student trained her AI to understand and teach ballet to students. This is a great option for many aspiring students who may not find ballet lessons accessible or affordable. This research project included innovative uses of AI to analyze video, followed by classification techniques to assess the quality of dance moves. The solution is capable of analyzing dance moves and recommending corrections for correct execution and physical safety.
1. Research paper accepted to the 21st IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning Applications - Special Session on Education (2022). The research will be published in the conference proceedings and presented live to workshop attendees.
Alzheimer's is one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States and is currently incurable. This student created an app that allows for a user to insert an MRI image, and the AI will predict the risk of Alzheimer's from Low to High risk. This AI helps with the diagnosis of Alzheimer's at an earlier stage, thereby allowing patients to try different treatment options and encouraging a more positive patient outcome.
1. Synopsys Science and Technology Championship (Santa Clara Valley Engineering Fair Association) - Special Award from the Army and Navy Corps - 2021
2. Research paper published at SPIE Workshop on Machine Learning 2022. Paper was presented live to conference attendees and appears in the SPIE 2022 Conference Proceedings.
3. Pending Patent 2022
AIClub students have applied their learnings to solve real-world problems, winning national and international recognition. Here are some of their recent competition wins.
JSHS National Symposium
1st Place in Poster Category
Alameda County Science
& Engineering Fair
1st Place in the High School Category + a Special Award