Tensorflow for Image Classification (M5/H4/PA6)
This course is ideal for students who want to learn Tensorflow for advanced deep learning algorithms that are used in computer vision and cameras. Anyone who is familiar with python and AI Basics (or) has taken Deep Learning & Image Classification (M3) and Python with AI (PA1) is suitable for taking this class. AI Basics shows students what AI is and how to use it, while M2 introduces students to KNN and Linear Regression. In this class, students learn the internals of powerful deep learning algorithms. They learn how to code from scratch in Tensorflow.
Learn Artificial Intelligence - a new technology that is shaping our world!
Help your student discover a fascinating new world of technology - Artificial Intelligence (AI)! AI is changing the way we interact with the world, from virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa, to self-driving cars, to face recognition software.
Why learn AI?
AI is all around us! From self driving cars, to movie recommendations on Netflix, to Alexa, Siri or Google homes, we interact with AIs every day. Learn how they work, how they “think” and how you can build one of your own!
Parents - AI is a technology that is changing our lives and future careers. It is a great time to introduce your child to the field of Artificial Intelligence! In our innovative classes and camps - students learn the powerful technologies of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in a fun and accessible way, and build working projects immediately. Most of our students want to learn more AI, programming and math even after finishing a class! Some have gone forward to win competitions! Spark a love of technology that will stay with them through college, powered by our comprehensive Elementary, Middle School and High School programs where they can continue to learn AI and Programming!
Kids - Would you like to teach an AI to play games like shooting targets or tic-tac-toe? Build fun AI apps that can predict your favorite book, favorite Pokemon, or sport? Are you passionate about solving problems in your community like improving recycling, helping the blind, or helping reduce bullying? All of these projects have been done by students who have learned AI! AI is powerful and easy to learn and can be used for all sorts of projects.
Why choose AIClub?
• Designed by AI experts with PhDs in Computer Science!
• These classes are the only ones where students get to build AIs from the very first class, which is precisely why they are so popular among students who love the opportunity to learn about and create these technologies!
We have no math or programming requirement. If they would like to code, they can do that also! Kids get interested and start building fun AI applications and also get motivated to learn programming, math and more STEM topics.
Please see our brochure for more info about our programs!
This course enables students to learn tensorflow and build algorithms from scratch using Python. This course is specifically for building and training deep neural networks for image classification tasks. They will also learn how to tune and optimize neural networks. This course is ideal for high school students who want to use AI on images for innovative science projects, for those who want to build systems using computer vision and cameras, or anyone who wants to learn image classification using deep neural networks.
Topics, Tools, and Modules:
• Introduction to Tensorflow
• Learn special types of Neural Networks, particularly Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) and MobileNetV2 and how to code them from scratch.
• Employ established patterns of these networks to build powerful image detection applications
• An introduction to Transfer Learning and how to use it effectively
• An introduction to GPUs and how GPUs help accelerate neural network training
• The students will build a custom project of their choice (note - if they are interested in participating in a competition, they are welcome to bring their project in for this class).
• Natural Images: Example, Category detection (Dog vs Cat etc). Emotion detection (Happy vs Sad).
• Scientific applications using medical images: example Cancer detection from histopathology images, diabetes detection from retinal images.
• Use the same industry cloud tools that businesses and experts do (we heavily use Amazon Web Services AI tools), We show you how to use them easily. You can use the same tools as you do more classes.
What Students Take Away
• A working tensorflow based Image Classification AI project that you can showcase and share.
• Training and AI and usage of advanced deep learning algorithms using powerful cloud tools.
• A cloud account that they can use to build new ML and AI applications using their laptops, tablets or other devices.
• An AIClub membership where they can access new projects, showcase their code, and participate in competitions. Completing the advanced course will equip them with the skills they need to develop and showcase more advanced projects, and compete in advanced competitions.
• Opportunities to compete and win in AI competitions. For more information on this, visit our Research Program.
• Certificate of Completion.
Duration: 8 weeks / 1.5 hours per session
We offer a range of dates and times to accommodate busy schedules.
Also - note that since we use entirely online tools, if a student must miss a class, it is easy for them to do the required work at home. We provide materials for missed classes and drop in times for students to come in for personal assistance on material covered in a missed class. We do ask however that the student attend the first and last class since this is needed for them to get oriented and also complete their custom project.
My 12 year old and some of her friends have attended one of the classes. I was really impressed by how much she learnt in one sitting and how intelligently she described what AI was later that evening to a cousin she was talking to. They absolutely loved it! They can't wait for the next batch of classes to start. She is so intrigued, she is requesting me to enroll her for all future classes I can!
My kids (12 and 10) enjoyed the class very much. They are now able to articulate their much deeper understanding of AI with clarity. he approach of the class really opens up kids' imagination and creativity, demystifies AI to kids and makes it easy and fun. The kids also get to give a presentation on their creation -- a great practice for their presentation skill, a much needed real-world skill. I highly recommend this provider!
Mom of two Middle Schoolers